Monday, October 26, 2015

NEW INVESTIGATOR!! And more curry 新しい求道者!!!とカレー

Date: 10/26/2015
Place: Nonami
Companion: Elder Mahoney
日付: 2015年10月26日
場所: 名古屋市天白区野並
同僚: マホニー長老
Yep. This picture pretty much describes me and my entire life. 
この写真は今の私の人生を語る一枚です。ハイ

October 19, 2015 
I MET WITH MY GRANDPARENTS TODAY! It was awesome! I will write more
about it tomorrow when I have time but it sufficeth me to say that we
went to Indo curry and there was a grand time had by all! 
 Ok so we went to our favorite Indo Curry place and it was amazing!
They brought us tons of Nagoyans!!! Like lots and lots of Nagoyans and
we have already eaten a whole box of them haha. It was super fun
seeing them again! I love my grandparents :) 

2015年10月19日
今日は祖父母と会う事が出来ました!楽しかったです!明日また時間があるときに、もっと書きますね。今日のところは「インドカレーを食べにいって、みんなで楽しく過ごしました!」という報告でした!

はい、続きです。私達のお気に入りのインドカレーレストランは凄く良かったですよ~!祖父母はなごやんを一杯もってきてくれました!あれだけ一杯もらったのに、すでに一箱食べちゃいました。ハハハ 祖父母にまた会えて楽しかったです!おじいちゃんとおばあちゃんが大好きです!

October 25, 2015 
Woah I haven't written in forever! Ok so I'm gonna have to summarize a
bit. So I have been sick for the last two weeks but I'm still loving
life and working hard! But nonetheless we didn't see a whole lot of
action till Friday and Saturday. On Friday we went to Narupark and met
with Erna! She is Rose Shimai's friend and she is really nice. We met
her there with Arisaka Kaicho (Branch Pres) and walked to her house.
She has been facing some health problems and wanted our help. She
can't sleep at night and it is really freaking her out. We gave her a
blessing and a Book of Mormon. We comforted her to the best of our
abilities and then left. I called her the next day and she said that
she had gotten a full night's sleep without any sleeping meds! She was
so happy! Haha she had fallen asleep reading her Book of Mormon. I
know that God made our bodies and He can heal them. Then today SHE
CAME TO CHURCH!!! It was the greatest thing! Unfortunately her member
friend, Rose, was sick and couldn't come so she sat with us and I got
to explain Sacrament Meeting/Translate it into English. FUKUI CAME TO
CHURCH TODAY AS WELL!!!!! We had two investigators at church today!
That was a new experience and super super cool. I was busy translating
so Elder Eadie kindly took care of Fukui and made sure that he had a
good Sacrament meeting. As we were going into Sunday school a random
person came walking into the church and started talking to us! I was
with Fukui so unfortunately I didn't really get to talk to her but the
members told me that she is a self referral from the Takabata area and
wanted to go to Sacrament meeting but was confused about the time.
Then she suddenly left! I'm a little freaked out because no one got
her contact info but I will ask the members that she was talking to
and try to learn more. We had a good Sunday school and then Fukui had
to leave for a meeting. The other three Elders and I bounced off to
Priesthood meeting and left Erna in the care of the Relief Society
sisters. I was a little nervous because Japanese is a little bit hard
for her. But then I got pulled out of Priesthood meeting early by one
of the sisters to set up another appointment with Erna and one of the
sisters right away! Haha I was a little nervous for her but when I
came in I saw her practically being swarmed by the Relief Society
sisters and she was beaming and having the time of her life! Haha man
our sisters know how to fellowship! When I came in with Elder Whited,
the crowd dispersed and we were able to make a second appointment with
Erna. Our member present will be none other than the amazing Inagi
Shimai (The Inagi family is pretty much the hardest dendoing family on
the planet. They're AWESOME). We are teaching a lesson with Inagi
Kyodai on Tuesday and we are teaching Erna with Inagi Shimai on
Wednesday!
Man it's been an awesome week. This is the life! So so many amazing
things have happened that I don't even have time to write about. I
know that God is our literal Father and that He loves every single one
of us. I know that God has restored His Gospel to the earth and that
this is His Church. Anyone who prays with real intent and follows the
commandments of God will be changed for the better. And that's what
life is all about. Changing. Changing to become a better person. I
watch God change people's lives all around me every day but perhaps
the greatest change I have witnessed thus far has been within myself.
I am not the same person who left America three months ago. And to
think I've only been out for a couple months! 

2015年10月25日
 うわぁ~、しばらく全然書いてませんでした!ということで、簡潔にまとめますね。この2週間程、風邪が長引いているのですが、負けずに一生懸命働いています!と、こんなに頑張って働いていても中々実にならず続きだったんですが、それも金曜日と土曜日に状況が好転。金曜日はなるぱーくでアーナさんと待ち合わせをしました。彼女はローズ姉妹のお友達で、とてもいい人です。支部長の有坂会長も一緒に待ち合わせて、そこから歩いてアーナさんの家へ行きました。どうも身体の調子が良くないらしく、なんとか助けて欲しいとのことでした。夜、眠れなくなってしまい、困っているとのこと。癒しの祝福をしてあげ、モルモン書をわたしました。精一杯慰めの言葉をかけてあげて、帰りました。次の日に電話をかけたんですが、昨晩は睡眠薬を飲まなかったにもかかわらずぐっすり眠れたということ!とても嬉しそうに話してくれました。モルモン書を読みながら寝てしまったんだそうです。(笑)神様は私達の身体を創造してくださいました。なので病気を治すとこもできるんです。そして今日、彼女は教会に来てくれました!あいにく彼女の教会員の友達のローズ姉妹は具合が悪くて欠席だったので、私達と一緒に座り、せいさん会を英語で通訳してあげました。
 福井さんも教会に来てくれました!今日は求道者が二人も教会に来てくれましたーー!こんな事初めてで、すごく感動しました。私が通訳で忙しかったので、イディー長老が福井さんが気持ち良く集会に参加できるように取り計らってくれました。
 日曜学校に行く途中で誰か知らない人が入ってきて、話しかけてきました。あいにく私は福井さんと一緒だったので、ゆっくり話しが出来ませんでした。ある教会員の話によると彼女は高畑からきた求道者で、せいさん会に行きたかったらしいんですが、時間を勘違いしたということらしいです。連絡先もきかないまま突然帰ってしまったので、パニックになってしまいましたが、彼女と話していた教会員の人にもっと話しをきこうと思います。いい日曜学校のレッスンのあと、福井さんは別の会議に出席するために帰ってしまったので、アーナさんを扶助協会の姉妹達に託して、他の3人の宣教師たちと一緒に神権会に行きました。アーナさんはあまり日本語が得意ではなかったのでちょっと心配でしたが、神権会の途中で教会員の姉妹から呼ばれてでていくと、アーナさんと次のアポをスケジュールするようにとのことでした。(笑)ちょっと心配していたんですが、部屋の中を覗くとアーナさんは姉妹達に囲まれていて、とても嬉しそうにしていました。ここの姉妹達はどうやって宣教師を助けるかよーくわかっていますね!ワイテッド長老と私が部屋に入ってくるとみんな気を遣ってどこかへ行ってしまい、アーナさんと次のアポをスケジュールすることが出来ました。立ち会い教会員は稲城姉妹です!(稲城家族はとっても伝道熱心な家族です) 火曜日は稲城兄弟がレッスンの立ち会い、火曜日は稲城姉妹の立ち会いでアーナさんのレッスンです。ホント、今週はいい一週間でした。沢山素晴らしい事があったんですが、全部書ききれません。神様は私達の天の父であり、私達を愛していらっしゃいます。神様はこの地に福音を回復してくださり、この教会が神様の教会である事を知っています。誰でも真剣に祈り神様の戒めを守るならば、人生を変える事が出来るのです。それこそが人生の目的だと思います。自分をより良くなる様、磨くのです。神様を知る事によって人が変わっていくのを毎日の様に見てきましたが、今までで見た一番大きな変化は多分私自身なんではないかと思います。たったの数ヶ月間の事ですが、3カ月前にアメリカを発った自分と比べると明らかに変わったと思います。

Green Bean kokans! (*exchange) 新米宣教師の交換伝道!
Sister Hoshino! 星野姉妹
The yogurt drink challenge aftermath. We each drink a pack of apple juice and yogurts.
ヤクルトドリンクチャレンジ後。お互いりんご味とヨーグルト味を一パックずつ飲み干します。
To everyone considering serving a mission: if you embrace your mission and let it change you, you will move forward in ways that you never imagined possible. Give God complete control of your life. I promise that He can build a much
richer, happier life than you ever could on your own. Give Him all of
your money, give Him your girlfriend/boyfriend, give Him your dream
job, give Him your scholarships, give Him your future in sports,
music, academics, WHATEVER, give Him your Family, give Him your future
and just lay it out on the table and say, "Dear God I want to live
life to it's fullest and I'm willing to give up everything that I am
right now so that you can make me all that I can become." And He will
tell you whether or not you should serve a mission. And you will have
peace.
伝道に出る事を考えている全ての人へ: もし伝道活動に身を委ね、あなたの全てを捧げるならば、今まで自分では思っても見なかった方向へ人生が向かっていくでしょう。神様はあなた自身が自分で築き上げようとするよりも、もっと充実した幸せな人生を与えてくださることを私は約束します。神様に全財産、彼氏や彼女、素晴らしいキャリア(仕事)、奨学金、未来輝くスポーツ選手への道、音楽家になる夢、大学進学の夢もみんな、そして自分の家族や未来を全て神様の前へさらけ出し、「愛する神様、私は自分の人生を自分の能力の限り精いっぱい生きたいのです。今の自分の全てをあなた様の御手に委ねますので、行くべき道を示して下さい。」と言う時に、神様はあなたが伝道にでるべきか否かを教えて下さいます。そしてあなたの心に平安が訪れるのです。

Filipino party in Kasugai!! 春日井でフィリピンのパーティー!

No comments:

Post a Comment